Thinning hair, constant exhaustion, an expanding waistline, and next to no interest in sex – does any of this sound familiar? If so, you might be dealing with a condition that plagues up to 25 percent of men over the age of 30: low testosterone.
Low testosterone levels in men, nicknamed “low T,” is a hormonal deficiency that will leave you feeling like a shadow of your former self. And even though it’s relatively normal to see testosterone levels drop as you age, you don’t have to accept the troubling side effects of this deficiency. In fact, thanks to ongoing advancements in hormone therapy and testosterone replacement treatments, you can start getting your youthful looks and energy back.
What happens when a man’s testosterone is low?
Odds are, you’ve heard plenty of talk about testosterone and why it’s so important for men – but what does testosterone actually do? Testosterone is categorized as a steroid hormone, and it’s responsible for stimulating all of the processes that keep you feeling young, energetic, strong, and frisky. Basically, it’s your body’s little secret for maximum “manliness.”
In your body, everything from your sex drive and muscle strength to fat distribution and sperm production is regulated by testosterone. Once you realize just how critical healthy testosterone levels are for your health and happiness, it makes perfect sense that too-low levels can wreak havoc on your body. If your testosterone levels dip below optimal levels, there’s no doubt that you’ll feel the effects in no time. And we can promise you that when it comes to the symptoms of low T in men, none of them are good news.
What are the symptoms of low testosterone in men?
Easily one of the most common questions we get at Focal Point Vitality is, “How do I know if I have low testosterone?” Even though low testosterone in men is extremely common, the symptoms are easy to disregard as expected signs of aging. But the good news is that just because your years are adding up, you don’t have to settle for mediocrity – in fact, many of the so-called characteristics of getting older are actually indications of low T, which is fully treatable.
Here are the most common signs of low testosterone in men:
- Weight gain: Have an annoying belly fat, flabby arms or other less defined muscle areas you just can’t ditch? Unexplained weight gain, especially around the stomach, can be a low T issue.
- Chronic fatigue: Find you’re reaching for energy drinks more often through the day or having that extra couple cups of coffee no matter how much sleep you get? You could be dealing with low T.
- A decrease in muscle mass: Strength seems lower lately and it you use more energy being active even though you haven’t gained weight or seeing a noticeable reduction in muscle growth, these issues might have everything to do with low T and nothing to do with your workout.
- Poor focus and inability to concentrate: “Brain fog” is one of the most common complaints from men suffering from low testosterone.
- Lack of sex drive or low libido: If your performance in the bedroom has become subpar, or you just can’t seem to get interested in an intimate encounter, low T could be to blame.
- Drastic hair loss: Are you facing new bald spots or a receding hairline? Before you invest in hair regrowth cream, consider getting testing for low T.
- Depression, anxiety, and irritability: If you’ve been feeling “off” for quite some time, with your moods dipping lower than usual, low testosterone treatment might help.
How do you fix low testosterone?
The good news is that low testosterone is a problem you can fix, with the help of testosterone replacement therapy (TRT). By administering a customized dose of testosterone via injection, pellet or skin gel, the medical professional at Focal Point Vitality will replenish your supply and rebalance your entire body. Depending on your needs and preferences, we’ll create a plan that suits you.
Restore Your Manpower with Testosterone Replacement Therapy at Focal Point
The signs of low T can be a major blow to your ego, especially because you could see a serious decline in just about everything you associate with your mighty manhood. From your performance in the bedroom and the boardroom to your stamina at the gym, low testosterone can totally wipe you out – that is, until you tackle the problem head-on.
Focal Point Vitality takes aim at low testosterone as well as underlying conditions, using a comprehensive approach specifically tailored to suit your unique needs. Our testosterone replacement therapy in Phoenix is the boost you need to get back in the game. Once you start feeling the results of low T treatment, you’ll be ready to take on the world as a stronger, more energetic, and more focused version of yourself.
Don’t suffer from low T symptoms any longer; contact Focal Point Vitality to set up your consultation today. We teach you how to administer your testosterone therapy at the comfort of your home so no need for weekly office visits for injections.
Featured Image: Double Brain/Shutterstock