At Focal Point Vitality, our core mission has always been to be there when you need us most, to help you live the best version of yourself. We understand that illnesses, injury, and preventative care needs don’t always arise on a convenient or predictable schedule. By taking advantage of our telemedicine services in Scottsdale and the greater Phoenix valley, you can receive personable diagnosis and treatment recommendations you deserve in a way that suits your unique needs.
What is Telemedicine?
Sometimes, our guests need immediate, effective, compassionate, and private care from the comfort of their own residence or place of work. In a number of scenarios, distance and safety can be an issue, but that doesn’t mean that you have to sacrifice quality of care. In-person visits aren’t always practical, and sometimes, they aren’t possible at all, which is why Focal Point Vitality is proud to offer virtual consultations and care through our telemedicine services. Telemedicine takes a virtual approach to quality healthcare, connecting you to our virtual doctor using an online platform that utilizes high-definition video and audio to conduct HIPAA-compliant visits from the convenience of your phone or computer to discuss symptoms and concerns, and provide details for a diagnosis and treatment plan – all without requiring you to ever leave your home. Our virtual doctor can generally treat anything that urgent care centers and walk-in clinics can, which includes common illnesses and injuries that are NOT threatening to life and limb.
A referral is not needed for a telemedicine appointment, and scheduling flexibility makes it easy to fit it into your day.
Telemedicine services can include:
- Diagnosis of health issues
- Ongoing education
- Professional advice and health recommendations
- Remote admissions
- Long-term and short-term care options
Health Conditions Eligible for Treatment with Telemedicine
ou may be surprised to learn that there are a wide range of health conditions and concerns that can be resolved via telemedicine. Thanks to our cutting-edge virtual platform, the Focal Point Vitality healthcare professionals are able to assess your condition, discuss treatment options, and provide clear recommendations for next steps to return to optimal health.
Focal Point Vitality telemedicine services in Phoenix treat HRT/TRT, as well as many common conditions and issues including, but not limited to:
- Back pain
- Birth control
- Body aches and pains
- Common colds
- Erectile dysfunction
- Hair loss
- High blood pressure
- High cholesterol
- Hormones (HRT/TRT)
- Migraines and headaches
- Respiratory tract infections (flu, pneumonia)
- Sinus infections
- Skin irritations
- Stomach issues
- Wellness and prevention
Keep in mind that not every treatable condition may be listed, so even if you don’t see yours, Focal Point may still be able to help.
If your telemedicine session results in recommended prescriptions from our virtual doctor, the process can be handled 100% remotely. Prescriptions will either be sent to your pharmacy electronically as soon as your visit is complete or will be delivered directly to you from our compounding pharmacy.
Prescriptions available via telemedicine appointments include:
- Birth Control
- Hormone replacement medication
- Hypertension medication
- General medications
- Nutrition and supplements
- Regenerative medicines
If you have a preferred pharmacy, please be sure to inform our staff during the consultation and intake process.
Information about COVID-19
As a result of the global COVID-19 pandemic, many of our guests (both new and returning) have questions about diagnosis and treatment for the disease. New information is being consistently published by the United States Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and our staff are working diligently to keep guests informed. If you are concerned that you may be suffering from COVID-19, we recommend taking the proper steps to seek medical care and treatment as necessary.
Because COVID-19 mimics many symptoms of the common cold and the flu, it can be difficult to distinguish if and when there is cause for concern. Here are some of the symptoms of COVID-19, as outlined by the CDC:
- Fever or chills
- Body aches
- Shortness of breath
- Difficulty breathing
This is not a comprehensive list of symptoms, particularly because experts are learning new signs of illness as the disease is studied. Focal Point Vitality urges any guest that is experiencing difficulty breathing to seek immediate medical care.
If you are experiencing flu-like symptoms, or believe you may have been exposed to COVID-19, we ask that you inform us before visiting us on-site. Focal Point is committed to maintaining the highest standard of health and safety practices for both our staff and guests, and may ask that you consult with a doctor virtually or take additional protective measures.
How Do You Use Telemedicine from Focal Point Via the Virtual Platform?
Connecting with a Focal Point doctor using our telemedicine services is simple and easy, requiring only basic technology and a fuss-free set-up process:
- Book a Virtual Medical Consultation using the “BOOK NOW” button on the website, then select Virtual Medical Consultation from the list of options. You may also call or text us at 480-563-9966.
- You will receive a confirmation text.
- You will receive an email from ChARM Health to register and complete a Medical Intake Form
- At the time of your appointment, we will send an email containing a link for your consultation. You will click on the link to begin the consultation appointment.
Both new and returning guests to Focal Point are eligible for telemedicine services, and our staff is happy to provide you with additional information if you are unsure if telemedicine is right for you.
What are the Advantages of Telemedicine?
When you consider the benefits of telemedicine, it’s easy to see why so many people are making the switch. Here are just a few of the advantages you can expect from a virtual appointment with Focal Point:
- No matter where you are or what your schedule looks like, we can “meet” you virtually in a way that works for you. From the comfort of your home or office, you can receive an accurate diagnosis and treatment recommendation. You’ll save the time and hassle of an in-person visit, and get back to feeling better, sooner.
- For many individuals, coming into a medical office can be an overwhelming experience. However, telemedicine offers an easier way to receive the care you need without physical or emotional distress. When you’re ready, our office will be here to provide you with the comfort and confidence to visit on-site.
- Tackle all your health needs with one call. Rather than driving across the Valley to visit numerous healthcare offices, why not pursue optimal health with the help of a single, trusted source? Focal Point has the expertise to resolve a wide variety of health concerns and guide you to a healthier, happier version of yourself.
Image Credit: Ronstik / Getty Images
Here are a few of the most commonly-asked questions about telemedicine services from Focal Point Vitality:
Is Focal Point Vitality equipped to provide telemedicine services?
Yes. Our staff of healthcare professionals include licensed physicians, nurses, and other trained individuals who are extremely well-prepared to facilitate telemedicine consultations and care. If at any point during the consultation process, we feel that you would be better served with an on-site appointment (either at our office or another medical facility), we will inform you.
What are my payment options for telemedicine?
We currently accept HSA, FSA, and Care Credit options, but no insurance plans are accepted at this time. For more information about the expected charge for your telemedicine session, please contact a Focal Point team member.
Do I need internet access?
Yes. In order to conduct a telemedicine visit, you will need a phone, tablet, or computer with internet access.
Are telemedicine visits secure?
Absolutely! Focal Point Vitality follows all HIPPA requirements for fully-compliant and secure sessions.