What is Erectile Dysfunction?
Erectile Dysfunction is defined as the chronic inability to achieve or maintain an erection satisfactory for sexual intercourse. You may say, you can’t keep an erection during intercourse or can’t stay erect enough to complete the act. Either way it is defined, it is an issue that is more common that we want to admit.
Although many men are hesitant to talk about their symptoms of impotence or erectile dysfunction (ED), it’s actually an extremely common condition that affects up to 52% of men in the United States. If you’re feeling frustrated by a lackluster sex life or decreased performance in the bedroom, you don’t have to settle – there are several highly effective erectile dysfunction treatments available.
At Focal Point Vitality, we can provide customized erectile dysfunction solutions to suit your individual needs, including options that don’t require the use of prescription pills. Our team of dedicated professionals will evaluate the root cause of your ED and recommend the right treatment option to unlock the fulfilling sex life you deserve.
Erectile Dysfunction Symptoms
Virtually all men experience erectile dysfunction at some stage in their life, with symptoms most commonly beginning in the early 40s. Depending on factors such as stress level, lifestyle, mental well-being, and overall health, symptoms may onset at any point during middle age. You may begin to notice signs of decreased performance earlier or later than the average, and your symptoms can sometimes vary slightly from case to case.
Typically, erectile dysfunction will most visibly appear as a moderately soft erection, caused by low blood pressure in the penis. Other ED symptoms to be aware of include:
- Difficulty achieving and maintaining a full erection
- A decrease in sexual desire
- Delayed or premature ejaculation
- Inability to reach orgasm
While some men may experience just one of the symptoms above, others might show signs of several. It’s important to understand that while decreased sexual performance and sex drive can often be a sign of emotional stress or conflict, they are also often related to physiological causes. Determining the specific causes contributing to your erectile dysfunction is key to choose the treatment that will best serve your needs and provide optimal benefits.
If you are experiencing one or more of the symptoms of erectile dysfunction, don’t hesitate to schedule an appointment with the team at Focal Point Vitality. A timely diagnosis will allow us to take the most proactive approach possible to treatment, restoring your sexual satisfaction and overall quality of life.
Cause of Erectile Dysfunction
There are many different reasons you may be facing erectile dysfunction. The first step in ED treatment is pinpointing specific causes, which may include any one or more of the following:
- Hormonal imbalance
- High blood pressure
- Heart disease
- Trauma, including from surgery
- Parkinson’s Disease
- Difficulties in a relationship
- Performance anxiety or fear of intimacy
- Certain medications
- Alcoholism or drug abuse
The professionals at Focal Point Vitality are skilled in evaluating each guest’s unique health history and conditions, utilizing a range of diagnostic services to provide detailed and accurate information. As a result, we are able to specifically target treatments to resolve your erectile dysfunction at the source.
Erectile Dysfunction Myths
Although erectile dysfunction is an extremely common condition, there is still an unfortunate amount of misinformation out there. Because the topic is often considered taboo among men, it can be difficult to separate fact from fiction. Here are some of the most common myths about erectile dysfunction mistook for truth:
- Erectile dysfunction is simply a part of getting older, and you may as well accept it. While it’s true that ED is more likely to happen to men over the age of 75, it doesn’t have to be a natural part of your life. There are many viable treatment options available, and being aware of your options can help you maintain a happy and active sex life. Some older men may require more stimulation, but they can generally enjoy erections well into their golden years without issue.
- Being unable to get an erection means that you’re no longer being attracted to your partner. A lack of sexual attraction can absolutely cause ED, but there could be other culprits as well. Remember that just as ED can affect your confidence and self-esteem, it can also be detrimental to your partner – so take care to assure your partner that your symptoms aren’t indicative of your attraction.
- Only older men suffer from erectile dysfunction. ED does often occurs in the later stages of life, but that doesn’t make younger men immune to its symptoms. Erectile dysfunction has a wide range of causes, many of which can affect men as young as 20-30 years old. Medications, diabetes, high blood pressure, depression, hormone imbalances, anxiety, and stress can all contribute to erectile dysfunction.
- You don’t need to talk to your partner about your erectile dysfunction. Communication is the basis of any healthy relationship, especially when one partner is experiencing possible signs of ED. Failing to be open with your partner about your symptoms may lead to them blaming themselves, or believing that perhaps there is infidelity in the relationship.
Erectile Dysfunction Treatment and Solutions
There are several treatment options for erectile dysfunction, each one suited to specific causes and needs.
Revive Therapy, also known as sound wave therapy, utilizes acoustic sound waves to target the causes of decreased sexual performance. This treatment technology was discovered in the 1990s when researchers discovered that using sound waves could result in the formation of new blood vessels. As a result, the overall blood flow to the penis is increased naturally, offering a safe option for patients with cardiac issues or diabetes.
Focal Point has developed the Revive Therapy procedure using FDA-approved equipment, producing acoustic sound wave therapy and specific post-procedure methods for the prevention and treatment of erectile dysfunction. This procedure has been proven highly successful in men who want to treat erectile dysfunction.
One of the biggest benefits of sound wave therapy is that it offers a safe, extremely fast way to resolve erectile dysfunction. Instead of taking prescription pills that can cause hours-long erections or undergoing painful and invasive surgery, this 30-minute treatment can restore your sexual performance with little to no risk.
Testosterone Replacement Therapy
In cases in which low testosterone is causing your erectile dysfunction symptoms, testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) could be right for you. Testosterone injections replenish low testosterone levels to normal values, making the symptoms of low testosterone a thing of the past.
Because there are no proven negative side effects of TRT for those who are treated under a doctor’s supervision and maintain a routine testing schedule, it’s an excellent option for guests searching for a low-risk treatment. If you are considering testosterone replacement therapy at Focal Point Vitality, a follow-up consultation will be scheduled at the time of your blood draw. The doctor will then review your results and discuss treatment options, helping you make an informed decision.
PT141 is a synthetic aphrodisiac used to treat diminished sexual performance, with a single dose delivering results in as little as 15-60 minutes and can last for a few days. Unlike other commonly prescribed ED medications, such as Viagra and Cialis, PT141 interacts with the body’s nervous system to provide a sexual boost without the frustrating side effects such as delayed onset and headaches.
PT 141 has been shown to have significant results for men, enabling what many describe as “intense” and “frequent” erections. It’s also an effective treatment for decreased sex drive in women, so your partner can feel equally enthusiastic and ready for an intimate encounter.
Contact Focal Point Vitality Today
If you’re searching for erectile dysfunction treatment in Phoenix, contact Focal Point Vitality for a one-on-one consultation to learn more about your treatment options.
At Focal Point Vitality, we are here to help you live your best life with the person you desire most.