Whether it’s due to stress, weak muscle, menopause, childbirth, or other causes, millions of women suffer from female incontinence. If you find you’re suffering from female incontinence, it’s important to know you’re not alone, and the embarrassment you may feel can be put to an end. You deserve to feel normal, and Focal Point Vitality can help get you back to feeling like yourself with a leak-free lifestyle.
What is Female Incontinence?
Put simply, female incontinence is the unintentional loss of urine in women; leaking urine when you don’t mean to. This can mean leaking or peeing when you sneeze, jump, workout, laugh, or have intercourse. Female incontinence can also show itself in a strong, sudden urge to urinate, otherwise known as urinary urgency. It’s a, “I have to pee right now,” feeling.
While these (Urge and Stress Incontinence) are the most common types of urinary incontinence in women, they are just a couple. Other types of incontinence include:
- Urge Incontinence – Peeing (large urine amounts) in times you don’t mean to.
- Stress Incontinence – Leaking when you sneeze, laugh, cough, jump, or workout.
- Functional Incontinence – Inability to make it to the restroom to urinate due to a physical disability.
- Overflow Incontinence – Leaking because you have a full bladder. Your bladder can’t hold all the urine any longer.
- Transient Incontinence – Leakage that is not a permanent because it’s due to a temporary change in your life (medications, injuries, infections, etc.)
- Overactive Bladder – Frequent, strong urges to pee
- Mixed Incontinence – Urge and stress continence combined
The causes of this vary widely and can include childbirth, weak bladder muscles, menopause, overactive bladder muscles, pregnancy, and nerve damage.
Viveve Can Help Treat Your Female Incontinence
Viveve® is a nonsurgical intimate wellness treatment for vaginal laxity that can be completed in just 50 minutes without any scars or downtime. Treatments are safe and effective and should not cause any discomfort.
During the actual treatment, a small, smooth, specialized instrument is gently inserted about an inch or two into the vagina with the use of lubrication. The device then emits various impulses of energy triggering the natural production of collagen along the vaginal walls. You may experience a warming or cooling sensation during this process, however it is not painful. There is no downtime following treatment and normal activities are allowed immediately after. The revitalizing results following the procedure are immediate and progress over time.
Although individual experiences vary, most women begin to notice results around day 30. Results may continue to develop and improve over the next 3 months. Most women only require a single Viveve treatment session.
- Comfort: Cryogenic cooling technology keeps discomfort to a minimum
- Efficiency: Often, one 60-minute session is all you need to enjoy improvement for a year or longer
- Convenience: Treatment can be performed in an outpatient setting
- No downtime: Back to your regular routine right away and can resume sexual activity within 48 hours
- Simple: most women require just one fast, 60-minute treatment for long-lasting results
- No side effects: Viveve causes no bruising, bleeding, scarring, or pain
- Discreet: no time off work, invasive medical procedure, or hospital stay required