For most men, there are two words that can completely kick our confidence to the curb: erectile dysfunction. When it comes to measuring our sense of manhood, performing sexually is a pretty big deal. So, when things aren’t working as they should, it can take a serious toll in more ways than one.
Erectile dysfunction has a significant impact on a man’s quality of life, but safe and effective treatment options are available. If you’re dealing with ED or other issues with your sex life, it might be time to consider testosterone replacement therapy – here’s why.
The Link Between Low-T and ED
When you think about it, it makes sense that low testosterone levels would have an impact on sexual function. After all, testosterone is the main male sex hormone, responsible for everything from body composition and sex drive to cognitive function.
Normal testosterone levels range from 300 to 1,000 ng/dL (or 10-35 nmol/L). This is something you can measure with a quick and simple lab test. Usually, you’ll hit your testosterone peak sometime in your 30s, and then the slow decline sets in. But does that mean that you’ll just have to accept having sex less and less often – or not being “ready” when the moment is right? Definitely not!
Does low testosterone cause erectile dysfunction? Yes, but not necessarily in the way, you might think. One of the key signs of low testosterone is decreased sexual arousal, which will directly impact your ability to get an erection. So, even though ED is technically a blood flow issue (not specifically a hormonal one), eliminating the obstacles standing in the way of a healthy sex drive often resolves the problem.
Here at Focal Point Vitality, our low-T experts will work to identify the cause of your ED. So, we’ll be able to figure out if it’s a lack of testosterone that’s slowing down your erections or something else – and then, we’ll plan your treatment accordingly.
Testosterone Replacement Therapy and ED
Using TRT to restore normal testosterone levels can work wonders for improvement in erectile dysfunction because it rebalances the low-T levels that often negatively impact sex drive.
Testosterone therapy is an incredibly effective and customizable option for men dealing with the symptoms of low-T:
- Decreased sex drive/desire
- Increased body fat (in other words, that gut you’ve been getting!)
- Changes in mood
- Problems with memory or concentration
- Loss of body hair slowed facial hair growth
- Less physical strength
Depending on your specific situation, we might recommend TRT in combination with other erectile dysfunction treatment options to deliver the best possible results. Overall, our goal is to take a comprehensive approach to maximize your quality of life in every way possible.
How to Increase Your Testosterone Levels
Testosterone therapy is one of the best ways to increase testosterone levels, but there are also a few tips you can try at home:
- Stay active. Researchers have found that regular exercise is tied to higher levels of testosterone, along with other hormones that help support healthy T levels.
- Reduce stress. We know – decreasing your stress levels is usually easier said than done. But when you’re stressed out, your body releases a hormone called cortisol, which can reduce your T levels.
- Stick to healthy sleep habits. As you sleep, testosterone levels naturally increase, going back down once you’re awake. So, getting enough sleep is a huge factor in keeping your testosterone production on track.
- Maintain a healthy weight. Obesity takes a toll on testosterone levels, so try your best to keep your BMI in the normal range. If your weight is a major struggle, we can help you with a medically supervised weight loss program.
- Clean up your diet and add in some supplements. Certain foods like fatty fish, legumes, and leafy greens, might be able to boost testosterone. There are also some supplements that might help, such as vitamin D and zinc.
When you start testosterone therapy at Focal Point Vitality, we’ll get you set up with an all-hands-on-deck plan to help you see results as fast as possible. So, not only will you have TRT on your side, but our team will work with you to implement strategies – including the ones noted above – to accelerate your progress.
Does Testosterone Increase Sex Drive?
Testosterone and sex drive go hand in hand, and research shows that men struggling with sex drive are more likely to have issues with low-T. We also know that studies have found that TRT can be a successful treatment option for men with low-T, specifically increasing overall sex drive.
This same research also showed that some men described getting better erections after TRT – which we’d say is a huge plus!
Five Ways Testosterone Therapy Can Improve Your Sex Life
Testosterone: you need it, and TRT can replenish your supply. Your testosterone levels affect how you feel, look, and even think, so using testosterone replacement therapy to tackle an imbalance can kick your sex life back into high gear. TRT can improve your sex life in a multitude of ways – here are just five of our favorites:
- More testosterone translates into a higher sex drive, so you’ll feel “in the mood” more often – remember how much fun your teenage years were?
- Since TRT supports a healthier sex drive, you can look forward to an improvement in erectile function. Erections are easier to achieve and sustain, which pays off in terms of performance.
- Restoring normal testosterone levels will put you in a better place mood-wise, so don’t be surprised if your attitude towards sex gets a major boost.
- When you have enough testosterone, it’s easier to kick that beer belly and get back into shape. You’ll feel more confident – and have more physical stamina – and that’s always a good thing in the bedroom.
- Adequate T levels equal better sleep and less fatigue, so you’ll have the energy to spend more time in bed… and we don’t mean sleeping!
Revive Your Sex Life with TRT in Phoenix
Thanks to the wonders of modern medicine, men don’t have to settle for a subpar sex life any longer. There are several different ways to rev up your libido, enhance your sexual performance, and achieve wow-worthy intimate encounters – and you can find them all at Focal Point Vitality.
As the leading provider of men’s health and TRT Therapy in Phoenix, Focal Point Vitality has curated a selection of treatments and therapies to help you look, feel, and perform your very best. Our experts will work with you to pinpoint your symptoms, map out your goals, and create a customized treatment plan for optimal results. Depending on your needs, we can support you with solutions such as:
Our team is made up of experienced professionals, so there’s no need to feel bashful about coming to us for help. We’ve seen and heard it all, and we have years of expertise under our belts – so we have what it takes to help you manage what’s under yours! Here, we’re focused on getting you back in the game… in fact, we want to make you the MVP.
Get more information about how TRT can help erectile dysfunction, plus details about your best-fit treatment options when you schedule a consultation at our Phoenix office today!
Featured Image: WAYHOME studio/Shutterstock